Tourism Nova Scotia is a division of the Province of Nova Scotia’s Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage Department. All references to Tourism Nova Scotia are inherently references to the Province of Nova Scotia.
Through the DigiPort Online Portal/Digital Portal (“the Site”), local Nova Scotia tourism businesses can find resources and a variety of digital marketing related tools and programming to help them develop and/or enhance their online presence, grow their business, and build their digital footprint. Tourism Nova Scotia retains all rights for the information and materials found on this site. No material on this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, transferred, or modified without the prior written consent of Tourism Nova Scotia.
Your access to, and use of this service, is conditional upon acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing this service, you agree to the following:
- Use of Information
- The following usage of DigiPort resources is allowed:
- Usage by Nova Scotia businesses, organizations, and their employees as a resource to help learn ways to grow their business.
- Non-commercial usage for the purposes of internal training in a workplace or teaching in a classroom.
- You must not use DigiPort, nor enable someone else to use DigiPort, for any of the following purposes:
- the commercial resale of any content that is uploaded to DigiPort;
- the aggregation, recombination or dissemination of content from the Site’s database;
- any other commercial exploitation of DigiPort or any content uploaded to the Site;
- The content of the Site is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice or an opinion of any kind. Users are advised to seek specific legal or other professional advice. Tourism Nova Scotia does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in this Online Portal/Digital Platform.
- The information and resources contained in the Site represents the research and expertise of the authors and is not definitive. The Site is not an official or unofficial policy of any government body. Any reliance on the Site and its contents shall be at the user’s own risk.
- The following usage of DigiPort resources is allowed:
- Account Access and Usage
- You agree to take all reasonable steps necessary to prevent unauthorized use of your account, and immediately notify Tourism Nova Scotia if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account.
- accessing, or making attempts to access, any information about any other users of DigiPort; or
- taking or attempting to take any action that grants or would grant you access to DigiPort to an extent greater than authorized by Tourism Nova Scotia;
- taking or attempting to take any action that results or would result in any unauthorized modification, addition or deletion to the Site;
- taking or attempting to take any action that violates or would violate the security of the Site;
- taking or attempting to take any action that imposes or would impose an unreasonable or excessively large load on the Site’s resources or infrastructure;
- interference in any manner whatsoever with Tourism Nova Scotia’s ability to provide the Site to its users.
- Access is provided on an “as is” basis. You should not assume that your use of DigiPort will be error free, or that the online service will operate without interruption or error.
- You agree that Tourism Nova Scotia, the Province of Nova Scotia, Digital Nova Scotia, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and contractors are not liable for any indirect, direct or consequential losses arising from or connected to anything published or distributed through DigiPort, or any delay, interruption or cancellation of DigiPort or its resources.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Tourism Nova Scotia, the Province of Nova Scotia, Digital Nova Scotia, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and contractors harmless from any liability, loss and expense arising out of the use of content.
- Although Tourism Nova Scotia takes all reasonable measures to maintain the security of the information, Tourism Nova Scotia will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information through the Internet, or implicitly or explicitly authorizing Tourism Nova Scotia or others to send confidential information to you in this manner.
- Tourism Nova Scotia, the Province of Nova Scotia, Digital Nova Scotia, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and contractors are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of any errors or omissions by Tourism Nova Scotia, the Province of Nova Scotia, or their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and contractors related to the use of DigiPort or the publication or distribution of any information, content, or materials through Tourism Nova Scotia marketing channels.
- You shall in no way represent or imply that Tourism Nova Scotia, the Province of Nova Scotia, Digital Nova Scotia or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents or contractors has recommended, endorsed, or approved how your business utilizes DigiPort resources, or that there is any joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship between you and Tourism Nova Scotia, Digital Nova Scotia, or the Province of Nova Scotia.
8. Forum and Choice of Law